Sunday 11 March 2012

Everybody loves a bit of vintage...

Hey everyone!

Sorry it’s been *gasp* 3 weeks since my last post. Again I’ve been busy with job-hunting whilst working, but (drumroll please) you guys will be pleased to know that all the job apps and interviews have finally paid off (well for now anyway!!!). I have been offered a paid internship, which is so rare to find anyway, at an ad agency in Tunbridge Wells! Ta daaaa! The process happened so quickly, and I am starting immediately, i.e. tomorrow! So bare with me whilst I start to adjust to full time work again (it has been 4 months since I left Shanghai!) but don’t worry, I will fill you all in as soon as I can!

In addition to enjoying the glorious sunshine (spring is finally on its way yay!), this weekend I also had the chance to attend a gem of a fair that is actually run by one of my closest friends and her boyfriend. My second time attending (shamefull, I know, as this was their 14th fair), antique vs vintage at Bourne Hall in Ewell didn’t disappoint! I bought presents galore (I would put pics up, but hey that would ruin the surprise element of present buying) and had to restrain myself as I saw so many wonderful things that I was tempted to buy juste pour moi!



If you have a love for all things vintage and/or antique-y then this is the place to come monthly as everyone is so friendly, and most importantly all the goods are genuine!!! From jewellery, to dresses, to china and much much more, be sure to leave enough time to rummage around Surrey's original vintage fair. Plus these places are so good to have a rummage around in, particularly for those who are trying to keep an eye on the pennies, as everything is so reasonably priced, and what with all the wonderful stories that surround all these objects, are excellent value for money! Just think of all the history that one handbag could be connected to?!?! Anyway, enough of me talking, the next fair is on Saturday, April 7th, so go ahead and see for yourself..!



Ooops, just seen the time - I’d best get ready for my first day at work (eeekkk!). Wish me luck! :)

Marie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment